Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  22:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nationals 2008

2008 July 5, 6

I hope you have all had a restful winter break from sailing but are now all looking forward to the new season.

Now is the time to start thinking about the Nationals this year – getting your holiday planned, accommodation arranged etc. The Nationals will be at Lymington SC this year on Sat 5th and Sun 6th July, with a warm up cruise or practice race on the Friday. Peter, the children and myself will be there taking part on Friday. Those of you who were there last year will know that our current champion Mike Beggs will be the race officer this year so we are guaranteed a new champion (I am just about to order the trophies!). Like last year it will be a fun family weekend with lots of competitive sailing thrown in!. There will also be other classes racing at the same time so we are sure to have lots of boats on the water and some lively evening entertainment. Those of you who have visited Lymington in the past will know just what a lovely place it is.

The NOR and other information will be available shortly on the forum and I will also be sending out entry forms to everyone in mid March when I send out the association renewal notices. Similar to last year, the first few entries will have their entry fee refunded at the event. So make a date in your diaries and keep an eye out for the entry form and NOR which will be available on the forum and in the post quite soon.

I look forward to seeing LOTS of you in July.

Happy Sailing

Sandy

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  16:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Accommodation for the Nationals 2008 in Lymington.
List of places to stay:

File Attachment: BED__BREAKFAST_+_CAMPSITES_-_LOCAL.doc (72 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:43:55
Downloaded 418 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
No Description Entered

Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2008 :  15:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please find below a link to the Notice of Race

File Attachment: NOR_Stratos_Nat_08.pdf (114.2 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:41:41
Downloaded 677 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
Laser Stratos Nationals 2008 NOR

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page

Sayling

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2008 :  17:16:28  Show Profile  Visit Sayling's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just had a look at the LTSC programme for 2008

http://www.ltsc.co.uk/events/LTSC07Programme2008.pdf

and it looks like LTSC are hosting the 505 Nationals on 3-6 July as well. I wanted to note it might mean it will be more difficult to find accommodation in Lymington at that time.

Sayling

sail no. 568 - 'Ketchup' @ FGSC
Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  17:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having difficulty opening the accomodation link above........has anyone managed to as looking for campsites......

regards

Neil
Go to Top of Page

Sayling

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  21:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Sayling's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The link in Mike's forum post doesn't work, but if you click on the 'Files' (underlined) link near the top of this page (it's in very small type on my browser, on a level with the bit that says 'you are logged on as...'), then click on Mike Begg's files, you'll find a link which does.

I used this list to find a B&B in Lymington.

Sayling

quote:
Originally posted by neilgbj

Having difficulty opening the accomodation link above........has anyone managed to as looking for campsites......

regards

Neil

Go to Top of Page

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2008 :  15:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neil,
Yes, the Accommodation link above does not seem to work, but thanks to Sayling you can get at the file, which is definitely there.
You can get to it as below.
If anyone has trouble email me and I will send you a copy.
Mike.
mikebeggs@waitrose.com

Try this webpage and click download.
http://www.laserstratos.org.uk/forum/membersFiles.asp?d=d&memberFldrID=70
Go to Top of Page

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2008 :  21:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to let everybody know that you can register online for the Nationals at www.ltsc.co.uk/events/stratosnat08.html or you can use plain old paper downloaded from above. Current members will also be receiving a registration form in the post over the next few days.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2008 :  22:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just registered on line for the Nationals - so come on everyone, either do it on line or get those paper entry forms that you should all be receiving sent off.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2008 :  19:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sorting out the accomodation links etc, hoping to get something sorted this week. Is anyone going for the Friday as we are looking to get there for the Friday if others are (likely to have bored crew needing some extra sailing after GCSEs !)

Neil (270)
Go to Top of Page

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  17:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will be getting there on friday morning, early hopefully, so perhaps up for a sail.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

Sayling

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  18:18:05  Show Profile  Visit Sayling's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neilgbj

Is anyone going for the Friday as we are looking to get there for the Friday if others are (likely to have bored crew needing some extra sailing after GCSEs !)

I'm hoping to get there for Friday early pm. My crew for this event hasn't done much dinghy sailing so we may need some practice anyway.

Sayling

Edited by - pcarter on 27 May 2008 07:39:56
Go to Top of Page

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  22:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there are a number of Stratos around on Friday afternoon we can either have a cruise in company or a practice race or two.
Any preferences (or better ideas?)

Go to Top of Page

Sayling

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  17:34:03  Show Profile  Visit Sayling's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBeggs

If there are a number of Stratos around on Friday afternoon we can either have a cruise in company or a practice race or two.
Any preferences (or better ideas?)

Personally, I would prefer a cruise to get familiar with the locality.

Mike, I've been looking at the Google Maps picture of LTSC -- what is the large enclosed area of water between the LTSC dinghy park and the marina to the SE? (if the satellite picture is not too out of date.) I presume we launch from the slip to the N of the club.

Sayling

Edited by - pcarter on 27 May 2008 07:40:19
Go to Top of Page

mike dye

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  20:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Sandy, Mike and Sayling ( who i have not met but hails from the same sailing club )

We , Jane and I, hope to be arriving am on the friday and so would be up for a bit of a sail aswell.

Hope everybody keeping ok and Mr Beggs has put a nice shine on that Trophy.

Mike 504 ROJO
Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2008 :  16:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Accomodation booked and entry in the post........in terms of the Friday if there is something on preference would be for a practice race but if most want a cruise then quite happy with that. Bringing some varnish for the wooden spoon....

Neil
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07