New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  23:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nationals 2008 - warm-up day

2008 July 4

Those of you who are coming to the Nationals this year are also invited to take part in either a cruise or practic race on July 4th at Lymington.

More detials of this one day event will be released as they become available at the main forum thread on this year's Nationals at http://www.laserstratos.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=450.

Sandy

Sayling

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  11:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Sayling's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do any boats attend the nationals without taking part in the racing?

We just use our Stratos for pottering about in on a Saturday at the club; I've never taken part in a race in any boat, let alone in the Stratos which we have had less than a year. But I feel I ought to support the class association in this event.

Sayling

sail no. 568 - 'Ketchup' @ FGSC
Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  19:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sayling

I would say just go and race. You will really enjoy it and learn lots about the boat (and yourselves !). I went last year with my sons and it was the first time we had raced the Stratos. We had a great time and came last, in one or two races we were miles behind and in others we did ok. We are hoping to go this year and fully anticipate battling it out for the wooden spoon again.

It might be worth the class association pairing up novices and more experienced boats as mentors or something similar ?

Anyway I fully recommend the National. Lymington is great, Mike Beggs (Race Officer for the Nationals) seems to know everything about sailing these boats well and I am sure he and others will help you a lot.

regards

Neil (270)

Go to Top of Page

Sayling

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  11:00:06  Show Profile  Visit Sayling's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the encouragement, Neil.

Well, I've booked the accommodation so now I'm just waiting for Sandy to send out the forms.

Sayling

sail no. 568 - 'Ketchup' @ FGSC
Go to Top of Page

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  20:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cruises in Lymington - Friday 4th July.
Full details on the Racing - Nationals 2008 pages.
That is so everyone will read them - I hope.
Mike.
Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2008 :  05:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Mike is referring to the topic at http://www.laserstratos.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=3&TOPIC_ID=450#1036

Hope to see you all at the morning cruise.

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07