New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2009 :  21:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stratos Nationals 2009

2009 July 11, 12

This year the Stratos Nationals will be on July 11th and 12th at Whitstable Yacht Club. This will be a joint event with the Wanderer Class. I hope as many of you as possible will be coming. Those of you who have been to Stratos Nationals before will know that they are for all sailing abilities and are a family event. As we will be combining with the Wanderers this year we hope to get plenty of boats out on the water and lots of guests at the social events that will be held over the weekend.

We may be having a cruise as part of the event. More details and the NOR will follow.

Sandy

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  19:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I now have some more information about the Nationals this year. Just to confirm they will be at Whitstable YC on July 11th and 12th. The NOR will be posted on the forum in the next two weeks. We are planning to have 3 races - back to back - on Saturday 11th and then on Sunday we may be trying to do 1 or 2 passage races. We are still finalising the plans and this will , of course, be weather dependent. There will be a social event on the Saturday, together with the Wanderers who are holding their Nationals at the same time. The club normally does a Friday night meal so anyone coming on the Friday and wanting food let me know and I can tell the catering staff. Packed lunches and breakfasts are always available. There will be childrens and vegetarian options. On the WYC website there are details of various places to stay and the club also has some rooms over the club house which can be rented out on a first come first served basis. I think it is about £12 per night. They prove to be very popular so I would book these soon if you want them. It would be great to see as many of you there as possible - lets see if we can better last years 15 boats. The Wanderers will be about 20-25 boats so it should be a fun event again this year. For those of you who have not come to a Stratos Nationals before please think about coming even if you are new to the boat. It is a great way of finding out lots of new stuf about the boat and the ability levels of those who come is very wide!! I look forward to seeing lots of you on July. Keep an eye on the forum for more information.
Sandy
Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  06:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Whitstable Yacht Club website can be found at www.wyc.org.uk

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  22:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody. Here are the official NOR and entry forms. We are looking to seeing you all on July 11-12th in wonderful Whitstable. Let's hope the weather at the Nationals is like we've had in the last few days!

Entry Form:

File Attachment: EntryForm2009.pdf (15.82 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:41:46
Downloaded 389 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
LSCA Nationals 2009 Entry Form

NOR:

File Attachment: NOR2009.pdf (16.6 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:41:48
Downloaded 1010 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
LSCA Nationals 2009 NOR

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page

bubble

51 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2009 :  20:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a fantastic weekend!

Thanks to sandy and pete for perfect organisation, lovely club in whitstable, you are very lucky!!!!

Well done mike and pete for winning! [although I don't believe for a minute either of them are a day over 50 ]

enjoyed every minute

neill jacqueline monty and jasper, 622 cambridge
Go to Top of Page

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  11:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seconded!
Congratulations to Sandy (Stratos Class Secretary) and to Jason (Commodore Whitstable Y.C.) on an excellent event. 5 good races were put together faultlessly even in sometimes trying windshifting conditions.
Most impressive was the tow truck driver who hauled the boats up the beach and then manoevered the trailers out to the road. Great organisation.
Racing was close, any one of 4 could have won on the second day.
Also a good social scene with rousing sea shanties after a cosy meal.
Neill, as for being under 50, I felt like I was 99 on Sunday night !
Many thanks to all involved.
See you at the next one.
Mike.

Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  20:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very disappointed we could'nt make it but it looks like last years 'sabbatical'for Mike did'nt do any harm !...well done. Out of interest how many boats in the end ?

Looking forward to next year.........

Neil

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07