New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  10:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Nationals 2008 will be held at Lymington Town Sailing Club on the weekend 5th/6th July.
This will be in conjunction with the 505 Nationals so the social side should be a blast.
The 505's are racing on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and Saturday so the Stratos Nationals (which have always in the past been only Sat/Sun) can be preceded by two days of practice races, or if at least 6 boats race both days with a separate event, or even a 4 day Nationals?
What would be preferable?
Mike.

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  19:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Late Information:
If you want to come to get some practice in Lymington before the Stratos Nationals on 5th and 6th July, there will be a Royal Lymington Yacht Club Dinghy Regatta on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 30th June, 1st & 2nd July, one race every evening, starting at 18.30. For more information see the website;
http://www.rlymyc.org.uk/racing/
when they put it there.

Go to Top of Page

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  16:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case you have trouble finding it, all information on the Nationals 2008 is now in the Forum under Racing - Racing - Nationals 2008

Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  07:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The direct link to the topic is http://www.laserstratos.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=450

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  09:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm a newbie hoping to buy my secondhand older Stratos this weekend. I was wondering if I could bring it to Lymington and get some help with rigging. I am a novice sailor with only sunsail holidays for experience. Or maybe I could crew with a boat for a couple of hours to learn a few ropes. I getting my boat for my family. I've seen stratos sailing out of Hayling island. They look majestic compared to plastic boats. I'm on grahn@talktalk.net
Go to Top of Page

bubble

51 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  11:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi
I was in the same boat last autum,[pun]

I will help you there , if I can, as I only just know what I am doing myself [well its getting better]

my family love the boat [wife + 5 + 8 year old boys]

buy your boat and enjoy!

regds neill, cambridge

Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  19:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grahn

Come along for the weekend its the best time to learn about the boat and you will enjoy it

Neil
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2008 :  19:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guy, we are all called Neil in some way. I'm mid forties with a wife and 4 boys aged 10 and under. Despite the credit crunch I splashed the cash and bought a boat at the cheaper end of the market. Sail number 125 blue centerboard from a nice guy Peter. Puttin my name down for a local club. Hope to catch up with some of you guys whilst your rigging your boats so I can watch and learn. Will comute (from pompey) over on Friday if I'm allowed. How do ya get permission?
Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2008 :  10:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it depends on what you intend to do....if you are taking part in the event it is £25....bargain (entry forms on this site or via Lymington Town sailing Club). The sailing will be relaxed and a good way to learn about the boat. If you just want to come down for a chat then that is all free of course !........anyway wind is up and I am going for much needed practice !

regards

Neil
Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2008 :  18:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... and don't forget, if you sign up for the Nationals you can also come on the cruise (or is it cruises) being run on the Friday.

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2008 :  19:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have to admit I haven't sailed for a long time. I did a few sunsail holidays when I got married but nothing since. Can't rig a boat, can't race before I can walk. You folks must manage your stress well drive long distance with a boat pitching a tent, rigging boats etc and managing kids. I was concerned bring my boat down from the Midlands when the trailer bouced over bad roads. At 50-60 the boat would really bounce on the trailer without suspension. Taking it to lymington, with the missus and 4 kids under 10, trying to rig it then sail it might be to big a challenge for me. I wrote a cheque out to a local club so hopefully I'll be sailing some part of this season.
Go to Top of Page

woody

8 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  13:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have taken delivery of my new Stratos Keel 2 weeks ago and I'm now considering traveling down to do the nationals. My problem is I do not have a crew is there anyone going spare? I'm a experienced catamaran helm with a few good results under my belt but have not sailed wobbly boats for 18 years, apart from holidays. Anybody interested please let my know soon as I have 1200 mile round trip to plan.
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  15:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow that's a journey and a half. You must be in Scotland. Neil has been kind enough to book me in sat/sun and show me the ropes. What made you choose a Stratos?
Go to Top of Page

woody

8 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  16:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted a boat I could use to compete with in both dingy and keel boat races in the Moray firth which is only 1 to 2 hours away for me. I also wanted a boat to do some cruising and take beginner's out for club races, which I could not do with my Hurricane 5.9 or my Shadow.
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  21:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Woody, if you want to join in why not consider leaving your boat behind and flying to Southampton. Maybe a ride going on another boat or maybe I could take mine. Could possible give you lift form southampton or there are buses from southampton to lymington.
Go to Top of Page

woody

8 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2008 :  15:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Grahn
I will check out flights as it is one hell of a drive, which I have done in the past to compete in 5.9 nationals. If your taking your boat would you be looking for me to crew, helm or a mixture ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07