Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 General Chat or Queries
 Laser Stratos Events
 Nationals 2008

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikeBeggs Posted - 20 Nov 2007 : 10:50:02
The Nationals 2008 will be held at Lymington Town Sailing Club on the weekend 5th/6th July.
This will be in conjunction with the 505 Nationals so the social side should be a blast.
The 505's are racing on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and Saturday so the Stratos Nationals (which have always in the past been only Sat/Sun) can be preceded by two days of practice races, or if at least 6 boats race both days with a separate event, or even a 4 day Nationals?
What would be preferable?
Mike.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
neilgbj Posted - 29 Jun 2008 : 20:55:20
Grahn

I take its another Neil who has booked you in to crew ?

Cheers

Neil (270)
grahn Posted - 28 Jun 2008 : 21:58:27
I was lucky enough to get on board with Neil (I'm very grateful) who crew coundn't make it. I never used or rigged my boat yet so I'm not sure it's all there. As neil suggested if I got it there and then found a clip or pin or something missing I'd be stuck Flying to Bournemouth is a possiblity for you as it's again close to Lymington. I guess its going to be crowded there with 505 boats as well, a nightmare in the car park. Does that mean boats entered can be left at Lymington SC overnight? I'm trying hard to join a local club and check my boat out.
woody Posted - 27 Jun 2008 : 15:44:45
Hi Grahn
I will check out flights as it is one hell of a drive, which I have done in the past to compete in 5.9 nationals. If your taking your boat would you be looking for me to crew, helm or a mixture ?
grahn Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 21:07:58
Hi Woody, if you want to join in why not consider leaving your boat behind and flying to Southampton. Maybe a ride going on another boat or maybe I could take mine. Could possible give you lift form southampton or there are buses from southampton to lymington.
woody Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 16:51:00
I wanted a boat I could use to compete with in both dingy and keel boat races in the Moray firth which is only 1 to 2 hours away for me. I also wanted a boat to do some cruising and take beginner's out for club races, which I could not do with my Hurricane 5.9 or my Shadow.
grahn Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 15:36:48
Wow that's a journey and a half. You must be in Scotland. Neil has been kind enough to book me in sat/sun and show me the ropes. What made you choose a Stratos?
woody Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 13:55:38
I have taken delivery of my new Stratos Keel 2 weeks ago and I'm now considering traveling down to do the nationals. My problem is I do not have a crew is there anyone going spare? I'm a experienced catamaran helm with a few good results under my belt but have not sailed wobbly boats for 18 years, apart from holidays. Anybody interested please let my know soon as I have 1200 mile round trip to plan.
grahn Posted - 22 Jun 2008 : 19:57:22
I would have to admit I haven't sailed for a long time. I did a few sunsail holidays when I got married but nothing since. Can't rig a boat, can't race before I can walk. You folks must manage your stress well drive long distance with a boat pitching a tent, rigging boats etc and managing kids. I was concerned bring my boat down from the Midlands when the trailer bouced over bad roads. At 50-60 the boat would really bounce on the trailer without suspension. Taking it to lymington, with the missus and 4 kids under 10, trying to rig it then sail it might be to big a challenge for me. I wrote a cheque out to a local club so hopefully I'll be sailing some part of this season.
pcarter Posted - 22 Jun 2008 : 18:25:30
... and don't forget, if you sign up for the Nationals you can also come on the cruise (or is it cruises) being run on the Friday.

Pete 789
neilgbj Posted - 22 Jun 2008 : 10:12:59
I think it depends on what you intend to do....if you are taking part in the event it is £25....bargain (entry forms on this site or via Lymington Town sailing Club). The sailing will be relaxed and a good way to learn about the boat. If you just want to come down for a chat then that is all free of course !........anyway wind is up and I am going for much needed practice !

regards

Neil
grahn Posted - 21 Jun 2008 : 19:53:43
thanks guy, we are all called Neil in some way. I'm mid forties with a wife and 4 boys aged 10 and under. Despite the credit crunch I splashed the cash and bought a boat at the cheaper end of the market. Sail number 125 blue centerboard from a nice guy Peter. Puttin my name down for a local club. Hope to catch up with some of you guys whilst your rigging your boats so I can watch and learn. Will comute (from pompey) over on Friday if I'm allowed. How do ya get permission?
neilgbj Posted - 19 Jun 2008 : 19:18:33
Grahn

Come along for the weekend its the best time to learn about the boat and you will enjoy it

Neil
bubble Posted - 19 Jun 2008 : 11:26:08
hi
I was in the same boat last autum,[pun]

I will help you there , if I can, as I only just know what I am doing myself [well its getting better]

my family love the boat [wife + 5 + 8 year old boys]

buy your boat and enjoy!

regds neill, cambridge

grahn Posted - 19 Jun 2008 : 09:47:36
Hi, I'm a newbie hoping to buy my secondhand older Stratos this weekend. I was wondering if I could bring it to Lymington and get some help with rigging. I am a novice sailor with only sunsail holidays for experience. Or maybe I could crew with a boat for a couple of hours to learn a few ropes. I getting my boat for my family. I've seen stratos sailing out of Hayling island. They look majestic compared to plastic boats. I'm on grahn@talktalk.net
pcarter Posted - 15 Feb 2008 : 07:59:11
The direct link to the topic is http://www.laserstratos.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=450

Pete 789

Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07