Foresail Halyards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

REME Dinghy Bosun

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2012 :  17:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all hello to everyone as I'm new on this site.

I have just taken on the responsibility of looking after 14 hulls for my club, 4 of which are Stratos CBs.

My question having taken one out with a few friends is how do you stop the Genneker halyard getting wrapped in the foresail when you roll it away? I've trouble with this a few times and very nearly dismasted when i forgot that I had moved the forestay back after setting the roller reef, and just dropped the sail!

NickM

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2012 :  22:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no easy fix to that. I get the crew to go forward and hold the genneker halyard clear of the foresail while I roll it away.

NickM
Go to Top of Page

Mike Rowe

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2012 :  22:31:19  Show Profile  Visit Mike Rowe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have mounted an extra cleat so that when I drop the genny I make off the retrieval line on this extra cleat. I then apply a bit of tension to the halyard and cleat it off. This keeps the halyard tight enough that it doesn't generally get fouled when furling.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07