Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 General Chat or Queries
 Technical
 Foresail Halyards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
REME Dinghy Bosun Posted - 30 Jun 2012 : 17:41:07
First of all hello to everyone as I'm new on this site.

I have just taken on the responsibility of looking after 14 hulls for my club, 4 of which are Stratos CBs.

My question having taken one out with a few friends is how do you stop the Genneker halyard getting wrapped in the foresail when you roll it away? I've trouble with this a few times and very nearly dismasted when i forgot that I had moved the forestay back after setting the roller reef, and just dropped the sail!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Rowe Posted - 30 Jun 2012 : 22:31:19
I have mounted an extra cleat so that when I drop the genny I make off the retrieval line on this extra cleat. I then apply a bit of tension to the halyard and cleat it off. This keeps the halyard tight enough that it doesn't generally get fouled when furling.
NickM Posted - 30 Jun 2012 : 22:14:56
I have no easy fix to that. I get the crew to go forward and hold the genneker halyard clear of the foresail while I roll it away.

NickM

Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07