2010 Nationals?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NickM

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  17:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have there been any new ideas on when/where the Nationals might be this year? I recall Mike B was offering to include them in the Lymington Town Regatta on 14/15 August if there were no other alternatives. I am hoping to do Falmouth Week which ends on 13 August and need to think about logistics...

NickM

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2010 :  17:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nick

This year the Nationals will be at Lymington Town SC on July 3rd & 4th. I will be sending out more details soon. I will also be emailing everyone on the class association database. I look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  20:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I was hoping to be able to post details of the up-coming Nationals but unfortunately I have yet to receive them from Lymington. I do apologise for this delay and have been assured by Lymington that they are looking forward to seeing us and we should be getting more information soon. I think the format will be pretty similar to previous years – 2 or 3 races each day, our (short) AGM followed by a social event on the Saturday night and prize giving around 4 ish on the Sunday. I’m not sure how much the entry fee will be but it will be similar to previous years (last year’s £25). I have decided to again give every entry a “goody bag” with some useful bits in (any ideas would be gratefully received) and this year we are guaranteed a new champion as Mike will be race office.

Lymington have asked me if I have any idea how many people will be coming – I have suggested 10-20 boats. If you think you may be coming please let me know. (Don’t worry – I won’t hold you to it, I just need a rough idea.) Our Nationals will be part of Lymingtons big regatta and other Laser classes will also be holding their Nationals there so you can expect to meet lots of fellow sailors and have a great family sailing weekend away.

For those of you who don’t know, Lymington is a really pretty town and sailing Mecca on the South Coast, opposite the Isle-of-Wight.

I promise you will get more information as soon as I do i.e. NOR, details of social event, orders for packed lunches etc. I will look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in July.

Let’s all wish for some good weather!

Best wishes

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  20:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case you haven't seen it, Sandy has posted the NOR, racing instructions etc. at http://www.laserstratos.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=656

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07