New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

graemefindlay

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2016 :  00:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

will a stratos keel undercover fit on a centreboard dinghy without looking hideous/catching loads of wind?

It's for trailing.

the keel under covers seem to be readily available but no sign of centreboard ones, even from 3rd party manufacturers :(

Thanks

Graeme

m80

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2016 :  14:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am assuming that it is the CB you have interest to buy. I have no knowledge, other than google photo's, of the keel version. I would have expected though with keels up, for trailing, that the hull shape would be so similar as to make no difference to an undercover. Certainly the trolley looks to be the same.
With the hull weight being 190Kg, and then add some for the other bits, I wouldn't fancy trying to manipulate that on its trolley to fit the undercover. I've never tried though and maybe you have a method that makes it doable.

Martin.
Go to Top of Page

graemefindlay

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2016 :  22:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Martin :)
Go to Top of Page

mark_duffy7

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2016 :  23:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We purchased a new under cover in July from rain and shine for ourC/B Stratos. Fits like a glove and at a reasonable price too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07