Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 General Chat or Queries
 General Chat or Queries
 what should it look like inside the hull?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

graemefindlay

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2016 :  22:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I've looked at a stratos today with the intention of buying it.

On having a look inside the hull there was no sign of any bulkhead or solid internal buoyancy.

Some of the discussions on here suggest that there's some sort of internal division in the hull, can anyone confirm if that's actually supposed to be the case?

thanks

Graeme

graemefindlay

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2016 :  13:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone is willing to take pictures in through the inspection hatch at the inside of the stern and also in through the transom flaps looking towards the bow of the boat I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Graeme
Go to Top of Page

graemefindlay

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2016 :  15:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just wanted to share with you the message below which I received from the body shop manager at Laser Performance this afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon Mr Findlay

The Stratos does not have sealed bulkhead water can move freely through them and the spider frame. It does however have 16 x 5 litre and 5 x 20 litre cubitainers for buoyancy.
I have seen a compromised hull that was in water for sever days, the level never rose above the gunwale.

If I can be of any other assistance, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards
Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is reassuring to me and will hopefully be helpful to others.

Thanks

Graeme
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07