Playing the Kicker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

astanislaus

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  21:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Since my first beat racing Rastamouse I've found my self frustrated by only being able to adjust the kicker from one side of the boat. Was wondering if anyone had tried adding a block as the line feeds aft so that two lines would be available to feed port and starboard cleats?

Any other ideas - not being able to play the kicker upwind is not optional for me.....

Adrian Stanislaus

Stratos 926 - Rastamouse
"Makin' a bad start good"

NickM

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2012 :  22:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Adrain, but not sure whether that would be within class rules.

NickM
Go to Top of Page

deswift

122 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  11:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adrian, absolutely possible - and I tried out the method, with an extra block and continuous line leading to both sides. There is a limit on how far you can ease the vang, before the block comes up against the mast fitting. Also, you've doubled the length of the control line, as you're now adding an extra 2:1. When you pull on kicker, it's like a snake's wedding in the cockpit!

The only [fixture] addition you'll need is an extra cheek-block under the console, to lead to the other side. That does mean removing the console and refitting it afterwards, but it's only a few screws and some sikaflex.

David
Warsash Sailing Club
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07