General Chat or Queries
 Installing the kicker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  17:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My kicker was not configured correctly when I got my boat. It's the standard 3 block and top hook type. Can anyone e-mail a closer up picture showing the red and blue ropes threading through the blocks with the kicker laid out on a table so I can get my blocks the right way round or list the steps to make a kicker up. Thanks grahn@talktalk.net

deswift

122 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  18:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Neil

Thanks for today - good wind to experience the spinnaker. I've taken a few photos so you can see exactly how the vang should be setup. This will give you loads more control !

Unfortunately, this website only allows you to upload a limited number of pictures, so I've added them to the flickr group for Laser Sailing. (which isn't an official Laser site).

Use this link
http://www.flickr.com/groups/805799@N24/

David
Warsash Sailing Club
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  20:02:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, I am in your debt, for coming over to Hayling and sharing your expertise. It was great to feel the power of a correctly trimmed red spinny, it really made a heavy boat feel like a light weight and take off. I laugh at my own daftness as I start to go forward to release what I thought was a jammed spinny on the downhaul only to be advised for the second time the uphaul cleat had jammed. I realise it's gonna take a lot of practice before I can regard myself as competetent but it's a lot easyer with your instruction.
Go to Top of Page

deswift

122 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  14:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No probs. I'm sure it will all fall into place with practice. Best make the most of the next couple of months, and get as much practice in as possible before it gets too cold!

David
Warsash Sailing Club
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  15:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looked at the kicker photos but the resolution is to low and I can't make out the detail. The photos look like a different kicker by the shape of the top block and different cloured cord. Maybe the pictures show an upgraded kicker. The orginal has 2 pulleys with attach points top and bottom. the 3rd pulley just the top attach and the 4th pulley is all metal with a large hook to hang on the boom. The cord comes from the centre console arond the 1st boat foor mounted pulley, then goes to the boom, etc. Can anyone draw a detailed picture of the orginal kicker pullies and cords showing ends that go to mast pulley etc, scan the image and email it to grahn@talktalk.net. If I can't retye this one then i'll has to buy a new one. Can anyone recommend the easyest make to use?
Go to Top of Page

grahn

67 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2008 :  17:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found the answer on this forum thanks to P Carter for detailed

Image Attachment: CRW_0520_-_kicker_rigging.jpg (349.08 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:42:15
Viewed 2247 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
No Description Entered

Image Attachment: CRW_0520_-_kicker_rigging.jpg (349.08 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:42:15
Viewed 2247 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
No Description Entered

pic CRW_0520_kicker_rigging
Go to Top of Page

Elecman007

1 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2017 :  18:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David

I would be grateful if you send the pictures to me. I have purchased Neil's Stratos and struggling to make sense of the Kicker rigging.

Kind regards

Keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07