PY numbers
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MartinPotter

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2005 :  21:04:29  Show Profile
I see that the RYA have issued the numbers for 2005, but they don't list the Stratos (I think they want you to pay for thr full ,list!!!)

Do we know of any changes? My crew is dying to try the wire this season. If I suggest a PY of 1073 to my club race officer (as per class suggestions) does anyone have any experience of it's fairness/accuracy?

Martin

PeadarMurphy

18 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  13:41:17  Show Profile  Visit PeadarMurphy's Homepage
Martin,

I'm sailing a Keel at a coastal location. In anything under a F3, we are not competitive at 1083. At F3 and above, we are giving the 420 fleet (PY1087) a good run for their money and having a real ding-dong battle with them. Combined crew weight is in the region of 29 stone with 16 of that going out on the wire! We didn't use the trapeze in the early races and the 420s were invariably quicker - I don't think that we'd be able to compete at 1073 - maybe its possible with a centreboard and inland location?
Go to Top of Page

DougRivers

63 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  13:04:04  Show Profile  Visit DougRivers's Homepage
See my clubs web page http://www.benfleetyachtclub.org/files/Portsmouth_HC/Portsmouth_Number_Lists_2005.pdf

for the full list. The "recorded numbers" are not published on line anymore.
Go to Top of Page

SophieJezierski

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2005 :  17:40:26  Show Profile
we're still 1083 base rig. Let us know how you get on with the trapeze number.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07