Rudder removal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

brian

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2017 :  11:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone advise how to make the removal of the rudder assembly easier after sailing. I fnd the pintles very hard to separate form the gudgeons. I have tried oil and silicone but this hasn't helped. It is like the pintle/gudgeon fit is too tight although everything is fine when sailing.
BR

JordonM

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2017 :  08:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by breian

Can anyone advise how to make the removal of the rudder assembly easier after sailing. I fnd the pintles very hard to separate form the gudgeons. I have tried oil and silicone but this hasn't helped. It is like the pintle/gudgeon fit is too tight although everything is fine when sailing.
BR

Hey Brian did you get it off?

Edited by - JordonM on 28 Oct 2021 15:05:50
Go to Top of Page

brian

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2017 :  10:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes finally solved the problem by drilling out the lower gudgeon form 9mm to 9.5mm. I suspect some jiggery pokkery by a previous owner caused the problem
Go to Top of Page

lohr500

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2017 :  19:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might try that on ours because I too find the pin very tight after sailing. A trick I did discover was to press in the safety retaining spring clip and slide the whole rudder assembly upwards. This then moves the pin upwards and it is then easier to extract the pin completely.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07