Laser Stratos Events
 2013 Open event
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deswift

122 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  17:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Planning early for 2013 season and wondered if we could have a show of hands for a Summer Open event at Warsash, probably to run in conjunction with another class.

It wouldn't strictly be a 'training' event, though we could run a pre-race session for anyone wanting some help with racing, rules, tactics, skills etc.

Everyone welcome to comment, make suggestions, and show interest.

David
Warsash Sailing Club

sboot

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  13:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds interesting to me!
Go to Top of Page

SailRacer

1 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  15:19:07  Show Profile  Visit SailRacer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A summer event we want to get sailors interested in is the Summer Games held at the WPNSA. It takes place from the 23rd to the 26th of August next year, so this might be of interest to you. It comprises of a mix of handicap and (providing there are enough entries of a particular class) class starts, as well as coaching sessions with olympic coaches, talks and presentations. For more information please see the event site link below.

http://events.sailracer.org/eventsites/default_s.asp?eventid=157188
Go to Top of Page

Brian George

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2013 :  18:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having missed a year after completing in 8 nationals I am very keen to complete again in 2013
Go to Top of Page

deswift

122 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  01:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
.....thanks for input and hopefully more than three might contribute ... with suggestions or potential locations for nationals / Europeans

David
Warsash Sailing Club
Go to Top of Page

NickM

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  16:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TBH I probably would not come to a Warsash event unless it was the nationals. I regularly sail something else and it is not worth trying to remember how to put my boat together unless it was the Nationals.

As for a Nationals location, Restronguet SC are always happy to provide a seperate start for small fleet nationsals during Falmouth Week, for two or more days. Racing is over five days Sunday to Friday. They would be happy to host the Stratos fleet (I have asked!) Falmouth Week this year is 11 - 16 August. Briefing and registration is mostly done pm on the 10th. Not a hugely cheap venue, but the general location and sailing is great.

I declare an interest: I shall be doing Falmouth Week in my Keel anyway. If I can get a crew I might be temped to stop off at Weymouth on the way home - provided I can put up with the rubbish handicap keels have, but you have all heard that before...

NickM
Go to Top of Page

nojonareach

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2013 :  16:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi we are new stratos owners and enjoy both club racing it. Is the association still active? if so how do we join and are there plans for a nationals this year? Cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07