Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2006 :  09:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
National Championships

2006 May 27, 28

This year, the Nationals will be at Grafham Water on Saturday May 27th and Sunday May 28th 2006. It is a combined event along with the Laser 2000’s and 4000’s.The entry fee will be £25 for the 2 days. There will be 3 races per day, first start Saturday not before 12.00 and Sunday around 10.30-11.00, possibly back to back. There will also be some evening entertainment.

The NOR, entry forms and more details will be posted here soon.

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2006 :  20:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

National Championships - Entry Form and Notice of Race (NOR)

We are now getting closer to our National Championships. It would be great to see as many of you as possible turn up for the weekend. I'm sure there will be some familiar faces and hopefully some new ones - me included! The entertainment sounds a must!
The entry form and NOR are attached below. I look forward to receiving LOTS of replies as early as possible but definitely by May 19th.

Entertainment

A night to remember ... Son et lumiere

Saturday night is party night. After racing, there’ll be some great food available from the Galley. This will be followed by DJ and sailor Gareth Edwards, who will provide a spectacular sound and vision show... with some extreme sailing footage

File Attachment: GWSC_2006_Entry_Form_Stratos.pdf (160.82 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:41:37
Downloaded 851 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
National championships 2006 entry form

File Attachment: Combined__Laser_Fleets_NOR_06.pdf (148.08 KB)
Uploaded on 23-Apr-2015 05:41:35
Downloaded 658 time(s).
Category:Other
Description:
National Championships 2006 Notice of Race (NOR)

If you have any problems opening the forms from the website, then 'save' to desktop and open from there.
Camping is allowed on site Campervans allowed but NO Caravans

Edited by - sandy on 26 May 2006 20:58:00
Go to Top of Page

SophieJezierski

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2006 :  15:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so who's going to the nationals this year? have a bad feeling we won't be with yet another school trip interfering with the parents' leisure time but am still working on it. Our Nationals have always been great for everyone in the fleet, front or back, so I hope the same faces AND some new ones will be there. If you are going, why not post a brief sayso here pour encourager les autres. Still hoping we'll make it somehow - if only to claim the swimmers' prize now Alister B has sold up.
Sophie

sophiejez
Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2006 :  18:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems no one is going to reply so I will !.........how many are going ? Am trying to rearrange things to try and go but it seems that there are not many takers. As a recent owner it seems like a good couple of days out (chance to embarrass myself at least). Does anybody know what the camping arrangements are at Grafham (could be busy as the 4000 and 2000 fleets are there) ?

Anybody out there ?

Cheers

Neil 270

Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  17:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently there's loads of space for all - on the water and camping. There's some good information on the Laser 2000 site at http://www.laser2000.lasersailing.com/chat/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=914

Pete 789

Edited by - pcarter on 16 May 2006 17:35:27
Go to Top of Page

colrennie2002

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  09:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be coming down from the Kingdom of Fife for the Nationals. I will be arriving friday evening and was wondering if camping is available that evening. Having never been to Grafham before not sure if there will be any food available breakfast etc at the venue. Are there showers available for persons who are camping. Look forward to seeing you all.

Colin (525)

Go to Top of Page

j66cox

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  13:22:51  Show Profile  Visit j66cox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to 2k link above and post a private message via the link to Andy Baldwin he will give advice. Camping yes Friday evening and then we will be going down to the pub

from our site

http://laser2000.lasersailing.com/chat/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=914

More Information:

The gate will be open on Friday evening should you wish to drop your boat off or set up camp. Toilets will be accessible overnight. The bar will not be open Friday evening but the Wheatsheaf pub is at the top of the road. Breakfast will be available in the wet bar Saturday and Sunday morning.

The visitor parking and boat rigging area is just inside the gate to the right hand side. The camping area is just beyond, between the windsurfer area and the sailing school i.e. to the East of the clubhouse. Boats should be launched from the dinghy park to the West of the clubhouse. Please do not launch from the windsurfer area to the East of the club!

Saturday Evening Sustenance

Following on from the racing and before the evening entertainment there will be a two course meal available from the galley at £7.50 per head.

You will be able to choose from two main courses but must book your meal at the time of registration or, if you have pre-registered, before going out on the water.

In order to ensure that there is enough food to go around it would be a great help if you could indicate a) whether you will be coming to Grafham and b) whether you will be eating at the club on Saturday evening.

Let Sandy know - thanks
John
Laser 2000 Sailing Sec

Edited by - j66cox on 17 May 2006 19:48:51
Go to Top of Page

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2006 :  22:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My lady crew, Amanda, has more sense than to go camping, so I have booked a B&B for her for Saturday night 27th May near GWSC. Because it is Bank Holiday weekend I could only book a twin room. She is willing to share with a lady (sorry guys). If anyone is interested in sharing, 25 p.p., call me or see us at GWSC on Saturday. Mike Beggs Tel: 01590-683894.

Go to Top of Page

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  19:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sandy and I just wanted to say that we look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at the Nationals tomorrow. I fear we won't be very competive, but I am sure we'll have a good time. It will be nice to sail somewhere different to our "home waters" for a change. The wind forecast looks quite reasonable, so it should be a good weekend's sailing.

Pete 789
Go to Top of Page

colrennie2002

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2006 :  20:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that we had a great weekend at Grafham and really enjoyed meeting everyone that made the effort to turn up. A big thanks to Sandy, Pete and the kids for the big effort. Well done to Mike and Amanda, they will be hard to beat next year but we will hopefully be trying. Grafham Water is a great venue and for us coming from the River Tay a pleasure to sail on. We travelled down from Fife for the weekend so pretty disappointed to find only four boats turned up to sail. I hope more make the effort next year and show their support to Sandy and Pete.

See you soon

Colin & Mike
Go to Top of Page

MikeBeggs

44 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2006 :  22:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colin,
It was great to meet you and Mike at the Nationals. Congrats for driving 7 hours each way to attend. I hope that embarasses the local pond sailors who did not turn out. All 4 who did attend were from sea sailing clubs.
The whole event was really well organised, thanks to our Sec Sandy and L2000 Sec John.
The camping area was firm and dry, even after the heavy rain. The racing was spectacular, blowing up to I guess force 6+ on Sunday. Brian made good use of his 'keel', flying his asymetric at every opportunity and pulling off a couple of spectacular broaches!
Many thanks Sandy for organising the Nationals. It must be demotivating to organise 6 good prizes and then have only 4 competitors - but look on the bright side - you 'won' 3 of them.
Hope to see you sailing again soon, either cruising at Lymington or at the Nationals 2007.
Cheers all, Mike.

Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2006 :  22:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll put my hands up as a guilty 'fail to appear'. Apologies to the committee (as you must be a bit cheesed off to say the least about the turn out). I was all packed and ready to go to my first championships when work intervened. As a new owner I was really looking forward to it but will try to support other events and hopefully others will.

Bit disappointing to read the old nonsense about 'pond' v 'sea' sailors bit....have sailed both for many years and it is not really relevant.I think we should welcome all.....perhaps you were just trying to stimulate some comment (happy to oblige) !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07