Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 General Chat or Queries
 Laser Stratos Events
 Event: Training weekend at Rutland Water - Rescheduled!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcarter

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2006 :  09:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Training weekend at Rutland Water - Rescheduled!

2006 April 8, 9

This event has now been rescheduled for 23-24 September

We are holding a training weekend at Rutland Water on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th April 2006. The training will include rigging, launching, boat handling, spinnaker work and racing. The event is being run by Ben Lulham (Sailing School Manager). The weekend can be very flexible, depending on what all the participants want and is really aimed at many levels of sailing ability.

Saturday 10am-4.30pm
Sunday 9.30am-4.00pm

Cost £45 per boat for the whole weekend

Ben needs to know numbers by 12th March 2006. There is a £10 deposit to book your place. Please book with either Ben (ben@rutlandsailingschool.co.uk, or phone 01780 721 999) or contact Sandy Carter sandy@laserstratos.org.uk as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the weekend, contact Ben, or alternatively meet him at the Dinghy Show at Alexandra Palace next weekend Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th March 2006 (www.dinghysailingshow.org.uk). Ben will be on the Rutland Sailing School Stand.

You can click here for a map to the training location.

This event is for class association members only, but feel free to join. If you like, we would be happy to accept membership applications on the day of the event.

Edited by - pcarter on 23 Mar 2006 07:30:52

sandy

49 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2006 :  20:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Ben at the Dinghy show and so far he has had NO responses. If you intend going please can you contact Ben soon. We nead a mininmum of 6 boats. If you have children and are worried about the boredom factor, he said they can find something for them to do. We are planning on going with our 6 year old twins. Also, don't think it will be hours on the water without a break, I think Ben is planning something less intensive than that.

If you don't intend going can you let me know why, in private if you prefer, so that I can arrange events that people will find useful in the future.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

SophieJezierski

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  12:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can't make it this year - getting children off on school trips over the weekend - but I would recommend the weekend -it's a lovely place to sail, cheap accommodation on site if you book early enough and a great pub within walking distance.

Feedback from last year's participants was v positive: "the best coaching we've had", "brilliant weekend, extremely well organised, I learnt so much".

It's a great way to get going after the winter or for those new to the boat to get to grips with it.

sophiejez
Go to Top of Page

neilgbj

147 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2006 :  19:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately as a new owner this is slightly short notice and am already committed that weekend but i would be interested in anything similar in the future......

For what its worth its good to see a class association trying to arrange events and keep its members up to date etc. I hope to support when I can in the future...

regards

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07