Old message board
 boat show
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luke1

1 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2005 :  21:02:08  Show Profile  Visit luke1's Homepage
why was there no one there at the dinghy show? most other classes managed to get someone out except us and the boat was in a good spot for once.

DougRivers

63 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  13:06:48  Show Profile  Visit DougRivers's Homepage
I certainly saw Mark on the stand on Saturday. I guess if not enough people from the class volunteer......
Go to Top of Page

MarkWest1

5 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  22:52:33  Show Profile  Visit MarkWest1's Homepage
Yes I was there from just after opening til about 1.00pm. I had my son with me and I felt it was time to give him some attention and lunch! I was disappointed, having brought 2 class association shirts for others to wear whilst on the stand, to find that no-one was likely to be spending time on the stand. yes It was a good position and I talked to quite a few people about the boat. I talked to a new owner who had just bought one off Paul. Apparently they sold several and sail numbers are approaching 800! Please don't expect one person to do a whole day. It's voluntary and the Laser guys are being paid to be there. Other Laser classes were represented by volunteers but there was more than one and they could "spell" each other. I think our class is very under-represented at present but it relies on on more new owners joining the class association and helping out to bring our boat to the attention of the dinghy community. Its only a tenner at present. Thats 3 pints and a glass of white for the lady! Go on....
Go to Top of Page

SophieJezierski

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2005 :  17:34:55  Show Profile
there was no one there because no one except Mark volunteered. The class association is the sum of its members and needs the support of its members for any activity, on or off water. The more people get involved, the more the class association can do.
Go to Top of Page

Paul

16 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2005 :  09:10:20  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage
Why didn't you volunteer to man the stand for a session, particularly as you were at the show!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07