Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 General Chat or Queries
 For sale / wanted
 Hyde Sails and replacement Rudder/Centreboards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
deswift Posted - 10 Mar 2014 : 20:37:29
To all owners.

If you require foils, either Centreboard or Rudder, you can contact David Marchant, DEM Foils on sales@demfoils.co.uk or 07889 159309
His wealth of knowledge in this area is superb and he's a well known, respected manufacturer.

Also, Now that Laser Performace are no longer supporting the Stratos, Hyde Sails are released from their obligation to sell through Laser. That means we can buy direct and I have negotiated some very competitive prices for new sails. Your contact is John Brooks at Hyde - +44 (0)845 543 8958

Here are the prices for new sails.

By sea freight to UK:
Stratos Main Keel (no foam head) 394 Plus VAT each.
Stratos Main with foam head 407 plus VAT each.
Stratos Jib No Laser Stratos screen print on jib 95 plus VAT each.
Stratos Asymmetric 183 plus VAT each.
Delivery lead time to Southampton UK warehouse approximately 12 weeks. No onward shipment is included from Southampton UK. Shipment is customs cleared within the UK.

By air freight to UK:
Stratos Main Keel (no foam head) 459 plus VAT each.
Stratos Main with foam head 553 plus VAT each.
Stratos Jib (Rolled) No Laser Stratos screen print on jib 131 plus VAT each.
Stratos Jib (Folded) No Laser Stratos screen print on jib 105 plus VAT each.
Stratos Asymmetric 202 plus VAT each.
Delivery lead time approximately 3 to 4 weeks. No onward shipment is included from Southampton, UK. Shipment is customs cleared within the UK.

Onward shipment can be arranged from Southampton UK to customer addresses, but this would need to be charged depending on what was ordered to each customer.

Small Print:
The sails / sail bags will have no branding. Payment in full would be required before despatch from Southampton, UK. The Stratos Main with foam is more expensive on air freight compared to other sails because of the foam piece and the amount of air freight space it will take up which is charged on volumetric weight.
We have offered the jib to be folded as a cheaper option on air freight delivery, sea freight prices for the jib rolled and folded would be the same.

I hope you feel as I do, that this is great value and worth ordering during the winter, to get the best deal. Prices are Pounds Sterling.

David
Warsash Sailing Club
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
m80 Posted - 17 Sep 2015 : 11:54:16
sboot thanks for the update.
I'm in the process of ordering a black assymetric from Dave Hall, other colours available. Our other sails and spare sails are all in good nick otherwise at those prices my order would be larger.

I've gone for the cheaper delivery option as we have a good red genny already. Anyone else wishing to add their order on might make things a bit sweeter for Dave.

Martin.
sboot Posted - 15 Sep 2015 : 13:39:01
I contacted Hyde for an update on the prices and here is their reply.
� = pounds

Thank you for your mail regarding sails for your Stratos. Below I have listed the options with prices. As you may be aware we manufacture our sails in our purpose built loft in Cebu - Philippines. The two prices reflect the way we ship sails to the UK and also the time it takes.
Delivery for air is 3 - 4 weeks at this time of year and by sea 8 -12 weeks. Delivery to your address in the UK is �20.00

Stratos Retail prices:

By sea freight to UK:
Stratos Main Keel (no foam head) �406 Plus VAT each.
Stratos Main with foam head �420 plus VAT each.
Stratos Jib - No Laser Stratos screen print on jib �98 plus VAT each.
Stratos Asymmetric �189 plus VAT each.

By air freight to UK:
Stratos Main Keel (no foam head) �473 plus VAT each.
Stratos Main with foam head �570 plus VAT each.
Stratos Jib (Rolled) - No Laser Stratos screen print on jib �135 plus VAT each.
Stratos Jib (Folded) - No Laser Stratos screen print on jib �109 plus VAT each.
Stratos Asymmetric �209 plus VAT each.

Please call or e mail me when you are ready to order.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Dave Hall
One Design Sales Manager

davehall@hydesails.co.uk
+44 (0) 7525 271 500
Skype;- davehydesails
Novice Bob Posted - 10 Feb 2015 : 08:14:01
thanks, spoke to Hyde but then picked up a brand new, Laser branded jib from a local club who has sold the last of their Stratos.
deswift Posted - 09 Feb 2015 : 23:49:19
Bob, I'm not sure on that (bahia). What I do know is that David Martchant can send you precisely the right one. Give him a call to ask for a price - and tell him we sent you :)

You can try to get through on 02030 090 447 for Hyde.

David

Novice Bob Posted - 05 Feb 2015 : 14:32:34
Is the rudder blade for the Stratos not the same as the Bahia and still available from Laser?

Is John Brook's number still working, I have tried it umpteen times and it rings out?
sboot Posted - 09 Jun 2014 : 12:48:46
This does sound like great Value! Thanks David.
Is anybody else currently looking to get new sails and perhaps shipping to the UK can be shared?

Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07