Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 Racing
 Racing
 Stratos Nationals 21st-22nd June 2014

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcarter Posted - 10 Mar 2014 : 19:09:13
The 2014 Stratos Nationals will be held at Bala Sailing Club http://www.balasc.org.uk/

The Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions can be found on Bala SC website.
There will be dinner and a bar at the club on Saturday evening - and there's a pub and other accommodation close by.

Check the Bala Sailing Club website for details.

For those that don't know it, Bala is a charming town by Lake Bala on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park - a beautiful part of the world with lots of outdoor activities available other than sailing. It's well worth a visit.

Pete 789
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nojonareach Posted - 25 Jun 2014 : 13:29:52
Brilliant great to see the nats went well. Last year Andy we wrote the article for Y&Y magazine. Would be good if someone could come forward and do the same this year. The sponsors like to be mentioned as well in the article as it bodes well for continuing support.

i did write to Sandy the other day and offered any assistance but that i couldn't take the whole job on. drop me a line if you fancy chatting sometime.

Cheers
John
andy m Posted - 22 Jun 2014 : 20:13:49
Results from Bala
1st Malcolm Noyce and Howard Noyce
2nd Andrew Meek and Ash Burton
3rd Phil Smith and Chris Smith
4th Lynfel Owen and Ian Valentine
5th Derek Richards and Peter Wilson
6th Mark Jones and Kevin Edwards
Well done to all and thankyou to Bala sailing club for a good weekend
Andy 217
sandy Posted - 15 Jun 2014 : 17:08:37
A bit more information about the Nationals - we think there will be between 8-10 boats - including at least 2 boats from Bala. There will 2-3 races each day to allow for some discards. The NOR is on The Bala Sailing Club website (http://www.balasc.org.uk/). There may be a reduction in the 40 entry fee - I am talking to Bala about this at the moment. There will hopefully be a subsidised meal on the Saturday evening (paid for by the class association) - more details to follow about this.

Those of you with trophies from last year and not intending to attend this years - can you please send them to Bala Sailing Club - ensuring they arrive by Thursday. Please email me at sandy@laserstratos.org.uk and I will refund your postal charges.
nojonareach Posted - 12 Jun 2014 : 11:17:58
ive no idea. on the facebook page setup by Dave Swift and myself there is 4 replies saying they are going.

I have the 3rd place trophy at home from last years nationals. if someone can tell me who to send it to i will.
stratosphere Posted - 12 Jun 2014 : 09:41:51
We are planning to attend, what are the attendance numbers looking like? Have not sent entry in yet

nojonareach Posted - 11 Jun 2014 : 08:29:17
We wont be going to the nationals now as it clashes with our club ball and to be brutally honest we don't fancy such a long drive north when there seems to have been a total lack of interest in the whole event. We haven't seen any publicity and have no idea of numbers. Were told that Bala don't have any entries from their own club. Is anyone else going? Who is running this event from an association point of view? Is the association now going to fizzle away?
Senkew Posted - 23 Mar 2014 : 21:50:40
Having always enjoyed sailing the Stratos Nationals as a family we are keen to take part at Lake Bala this year, despite the long haul from Kent. Is it too early to ask who else is planning to sail?

Jonathan, Christine, Scott and Kate Wilkinson
nojonareach Posted - 18 Mar 2014 : 20:36:09
Were hoping to be there in 239 from Emsworth

Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07