Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 General Chat or Queries
 Technical
 Halyards slipping/unlocking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ivanwilson Posted - 11 Aug 2013 : 13:43:26
Both the main halyard and jib halyard on my Stratos are not guaranteed to lock into their cleats so will come out unless I tie the halyard ends around the mast. The Halyards were replaced in 2009 / 10 and as the boat is only used recreationally about 7 or 8 times a year they are still in good condition. I replaced the jib halyard previously with no improvement. Is there a good solution to solve this problem?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
deswift Posted - 25 Aug 2013 : 11:59:27
Ivan, if the rope is slipping through the cleat, it can only be the diameter of the rope, or the effectiveness of the cleats. I cant think of any other factors that will cause the halyard(s) to slip.

David
Warsash Sailing Club
sboot Posted - 16 Aug 2013 : 12:40:46
This is not usually a problem, as long as there is a good tension the ropes should lock into the cleats. However the Cleats on the mast can become worn and may need replacing.

Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07