Laser Stratos Class Association Laser Stratos
Home About the Class Events Forum Community Hints & Tips Links Contact Us
Laser Stratos Class Association
 All Forums
 General Chat or Queries
 Technical
 Keel Gasket

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NickM Posted - 28 Aug 2013 : 22:22:26
Keel owners will be aware that there is a gasket made of a strip of white carpet-like material glued to the hull around the top edge of the keel housing. I assume this is to minimise the movement of the keel in its case. Mine lasted five years of light use but has now come unglued and peeled away in bits.

Any ideas what this material is so I can source a replacement and any ideas on what glue to use? It is going to be difficult to do a good job of sticking it back with the keel raised in place on the road trailer....

NickM
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NickM Posted - 31 Aug 2013 : 19:38:30
Thanks for the advice guys. Yes, I have a strip of the same material glued around my keel too and that is still attached. That would be easier to reattach as it stands proud of the slot when the keel is retracted. I'll try the sikaflex adhesive.

NickM
Ian S Posted - 30 Aug 2013 : 04:30:54
Yes

Mine's definitely on the keel, not the hull...

Ian 808

Ian
madmanrichie Posted - 29 Aug 2013 : 12:02:05
I wasn't aware that there was a strip on the keel opening as my keel has only got a strip of material on the keel itself.

This material did come away from the keel and I stuck it back on with sikaflex 291 marine adhesive sealant. I had to tie the strip in place while it dried.

Richard Stratos 800 Wizzywig

Laser Stratos Class Association © 2000-20013 Laser Stratos Class Association Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07